Terry McKinley and Katerina Kyrili, Director of CDPR, document the miserably slow progress since the early 1990s in mobilising domestic revenue in low-income countries in much of Africa and Asia. He attributes this problem, to a significant extent, to systematically faulty policy advice and advocates a re-evaluation of the working assumptions underpinning what he calls the current reigning ‘tax consensus’. The paper was recommended by Marcos Mendes.
Stagnation of Domestic Revenue (McKinley and Kyrili)
- VAT gap in the EU (European Commission)
- New technologies and jobs in Europe (Albanesi et al.)
- Rebaixamento dos municípios no exercício de sua autonomia no pacto federativo (Macedo)
- Política fiscal no Brasil de 1981 a 2023: uma retrospectiva histórica (Giambiagi & Tinoco)
- An effective and inclusive international tax cooperation & tax administrations 3.0 (Andrés-Aucejo)
BID BNDES Canuto CEPAL CIAT coronavirus COVID-19 Destaque Estadão Fabio Giambiagi Felipe Salto FGV François E. J. de Bremaeker FUNDAP Geraldo Biasoto Jr. Globo IDP IEDI IMF IPEA José R. Afonso José Roberto Afonso José Serra Kleber P. Castro LRF Mansueto Almeida Marcos Mendes Ministério da Fazenda OECD STN Teresa Ter-Minassian Valor Econômico Vito Tanzi World Bank Élida Graziane Pinto