Building Trust and Reinforcing Democracy published by OECD (11/2022).
The first OECD Global Forum on Building Trust and Reinforcing Democracy was held on 17 November 2022 in Luxembourg.
It brought together over 800 stakeholders from government, business, civil society, media, and academia from more than 60 countries to share perspectives on key challenges and solutions for making democracy fit for the 21st century. Building on work under the five pillars of the OECD’s Reinforcing Democracy Initiative, sessions focused on how to:
• Combat mis- and dis-information
• Improve representation, participation, and openness in public life
• Embrace the global responsibilities of government and build resilience to foreign influence
• Gear up government to deliver on climate and other environmental challenges
• Transform public governance for digital democracy