In this IMF Staff Position Note, the Fund notices that the "crisis is having major implications for the public finances of most countries". In this sense, the paper adverts: "This somber fiscal outlook raises issues of fiscal solvency, and could eventually trigger adverse market reactions. This must be avoided: market confidence in governments’ solvency is a key source of stability and a precondition for economic recovery. Therefore, there is an urgent need for governments to clarify their exit strategy to ensure that solvency is not at risk".
Fiscal Implications of the Crisis (IMF)
- VAT gap in the EU (European Commission)
- New technologies and jobs in Europe (Albanesi et al.)
- Rebaixamento dos municípios no exercício de sua autonomia no pacto federativo (Macedo)
- Política fiscal no Brasil de 1981 a 2023: uma retrospectiva histórica (Giambiagi & Tinoco)
- An effective and inclusive international tax cooperation & tax administrations 3.0 (Andrés-Aucejo)
BID BNDES Canuto CEPAL CIAT coronavirus COVID-19 Destaque Estadão Fabio Giambiagi Felipe Salto FGV François E. J. de Bremaeker FUNDAP Geraldo Biasoto Jr. Globo IDP IEDI IMF IPEA José R. Afonso José Roberto Afonso José Serra Kleber P. Castro LRF Mansueto Almeida Marcos Mendes Ministério da Fazenda OECD STN Teresa Ter-Minassian Valor Econômico Vito Tanzi World Bank Élida Graziane Pinto